Re: clutch problem

To: jello@ida.net
Subject: Re: clutch problem
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:38:42 -0700 (MST)
I forgot to remove the trailer, so this probably hadn't made it to the mg
list.

I don't recall all the details from last fall, but the key question is if
your system is bled, and functioning properly.  You said you have movement
at the slave cylinder - how much movement?  Barney or someone else on the
list will know how much it is supposed to be, but my guess is that it
isn't moving enough.  The questions are (assuming you don't have enough
slave cylinder movement):
   Is the system totally free of air bubbles?
   Does the master cylinder leak (internally)?
   Does the slave leak?
   Is there adjustment at the master cylinder rod from the pedal that can
increase the movement of the master cylinder, and thus slave cylinder?
(I don't remember on a B, my MGA has adjustment there)

Phil Bates
'67 MGB
'58 MGA