RE: Brake diagnosis help needed

To: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake diagnosis help needed
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:30:33 -0600
When my old 71BGT had this problem, I figured it had to be the master
cylinder. Brakes worked fine and there was no loss of fluid. But I could
get the brake pedal to sink all the way to the floor with constant
pressure (took maybe 4-5 seconds I think). So I purchased the master
cylinder rebuild kit (about $10 nowadays) and spent about two hours
removing/rebuilding/installing the MC. And that fixed the problem. I
guessed it was internal leakage past the rubber piston seals although I
saw no discernable wear or damage.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B