Re-Ringing Motor

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re-Ringing Motor
From: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:06:49 -0500
OK, so head is off the B (73) for a valve job.  In cleaning up the carbon
and stuff, it appears that my pistons have about 1/16" play side to side.
Rings?  Compression test dry before pulling everything apart showed around
125# +- 4# on all pistons.  I believe #4 was the lowest with a 121.  Car
seemed to run peachy before, so it wasn't too bad (yet).

Since I believe it is the rings, I am going to start planning on that...
Can they be done with the motor in place, or does the motor *HAVE* to come
out?

Have a fantastic week!

TJ