Re: My clutch woes

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My clutch woes
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:51:28 +0100
First thing is to definitely check the slave travel.  If you have 1/2" or
better then the problem is almost certainly inside the bell-housing, if less
than 1/2" then probably hydraulics.  A softer pedal could be caused by air
in the hydraulics (which will cause low travel), or mechanical problems in
the bell-housing.  Gearbox oil level will have nothing to do with the
problem, I venture to say.

PaulH.