Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER

To: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, MG List
Subject: Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:07:37 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Looks like the Chinese are picking up capitalism pretty quickly!
>
> That's not capitalism.  When the government conspires with
> private business to defraud people it's called fascism.

Don't think that's a textbook definition of Fascism - but I get your
point. You're right, it's not true capitalism when the government supports
a private industry to create a significant advantage for that firm.... At
the same time, for any company to view a Chinese company as their 'white
knight' is a serious mistake, in my opinion. At any time, there could be
another 'Great Leap Forward' in that country.

Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - It's getting better all the time....
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328