Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER

To: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: It gets messy-er - MG/ROVER
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:26:35 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:27 PM

--- Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Don't think that's a textbook definition of Fascism - but I get
> your
> point.

No, it's not a textbook definition, but basically the only
difference between fascism and communism is that under
fascism, the government enlists the cooperation of
business with bribery and threats.  Under communism,
the government converts businesses to state property
by brute force.  There's precious little practical
difference between the two, which explains how China
has been able to morph from one into the other with
such ease.

****************************

"fas-cism (fash'iz'em) n. A system of government that exercises a
dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of state
and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism.",  The
American Heritage Dictionary (Houghton Mifflin Company, 1983)

This reminds me of the Medicare Rx bill that Bush had the loyal Republican
House and Senate pass and he signed after misleading us about the true cost.
This law made it illegal to bargain with the drug companies for volume
discounts (like the V.A. does).  This insured that the American taxpayer
will pay the highest prices in the world for Rx drugs and the pharmaceutical
companies will make record profits which they can then donate back to the
party that gave the people's treasury to them.

I'll leave it up to alll of you to decide if that makes them fascists.

Larry Daniels