Re: Rust proofing

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Rust proofing
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:45:00 -0700
Larry,

I have two largish holes and two very small holes on both halves of each
sill.  They are on top in the door area. I intend to jack one end up and
block (duct tape) the lowest holes and fill from highest hole.  Then block
all holes and jack other end of car up.   I think there will be bottom
holes so I will check before I start and block them.  As my car now moves
under its own power I intend to do sudden stops to slosh the stuff around.

By the bye, I am not impressed with WD 40!  There are much better and
cheaper products on the market.  It's like this rust proofing stuff I
found.  It is the same formulation but one THIRD the price of Waxoyl!!  But
it does not have a NAME.

At 03:42 PM 4/29/2005, Larry Daniels wrote:
>I was hoping someone would ask this question, but no luck.  Where do you
>pour the rust inhibitor of choice into the sills?  I see a hole in front of
>the sill plate on each side -- are their other places to make sure it gets
>all through the sills?  Any other places on the car this should be done?
>
>Larry Daniels
>79 MGB LE
>72 Midget
>58 Bugeye
>
>"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
>doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
>shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060