Re: Starting problem

To: macgroup@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Starting problem
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:02:22 -0400
  The point of all this is that the distributor should be set into the
clamp plate once, then adjustments made of the vernier or the plate
itself, as this procedure minimises wear on the soft metal base of the
distributor.
   Section B.5 of the workshop manual describes R&R of the distributor
with clamp plate attached.   That, plus having seen many damaged
distributors with wear on the clamping area, causes me to suggest minimal
use of the clamp bolt itself.  I maintain that the single bolt is not for
repeated use when setting timing.
Bob