Choke Cable

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke Cable
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:23:44 EDT
Greetings All,

Rear suspension rebuild on the 74 B is done. New springs, shocks, bushings
and straps. No sag; no tire rub; much more safe and secure.

Time to enjoy the car, right?

No. the choke cable has decided that it does not want to move. I have the
actual cable removed; strands of cable were broken at the T handle and binding
on
the sheath. Question. How do you remove the sheath from the panel? the
securing nut is very loose but will not slide off of the sheath. The sheath
assembly
will not separate from the panel. Of course, this is very difficult to reach
and I see no way to get a wrench on the nut, if needed.  I hope that I don't
have to drop the panel.

This seems like it should be a simple repair. Any help from the list would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric in Florida (wanting to enjoy the car before summertime heat gets here)