Re: Choke Cable

To: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Subject: Re: Choke Cable
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 23:27:53 -0400
What I did when this happened to me (my wife pulled the cable out one day
trying to get
a little more choke!!!):  I bought a new cable assembly, pulled the cable out
of the
housing, and simply pushed the nice new cable in from the panel side.  Then
experimenting, I soldered the end of the old cable, the only place it was
frayed, filed
it down to the original diameter of the cable, and pushed that through the new
housing
that was now empty on my bench.  Getting rid of those frayed ends does the
trick, it
seems.