Re: Choke Cable

To: <Emjaxfl@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Choke Cable
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:53:45 +0100
If the only problem is with the inner just fit a new inner to the existing
outer.  I've replaced a complete cable and with the nut loose on the sheath
the outer should pull forwards (on a UK tin dash anyway) leaving the nut
behind until it falls off the carb end as that gets to the dash.  When
installing the new outer (or cable complete) remember to thread the nut onto
the sheath before feeding the cable through the bulkhead!  But you will need
to tighten that nut in any event, tricky enough on a UK tin dash, through
the air vent holes with a small spanner and lacerated wrists.

PaulH.