RE: Choke knob

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>,
Subject: RE: Choke knob
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:09:18 -0700
My two bits.

The 1970 US spec car I just bought came with a round knob type choke
cable.  Because of it's location close to the top roll of the dash it
was very difficult to use.  This was a real pain, because the car was
very difficult to start cold for some reason and needed a lot of choke
fiddling.

The poopiecharger kit I installed after a couple of weeks came with a T
type choke cable and I just used the inner cable and handle in the
existing outer sleeve.  Sorry, but I can be lazy sometimes.  The T
handle is much, much easier to use, as the fingers can be hooked behind
it without hitting the dash top.  Funny, the car is much easier to start
now too!

Back in the days of yore, we would sell round knobs to metal dash owners
and T handles to padded dash owners.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf