Re: Help my daughter go to the Glenwood Rallye

To: "Bill Dudley" <wdudley4@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help my daughter go to the Glenwood Rallye
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:12:44 +0100
A pop implies a sudden failure.  Has one of the Welch plugs blown out of the
ends of the intake manifold?  What are the plugs like after a lot of
cranking?  They should have a strong fuel smell but nit be wet (flooded) or
have no fuel smell at all (no fuel reaching the cylinders).  The distributor
could have slipped, check the timing dynamically when cranking, should be a
few degrees BTDC, and check you are getting a flash on all four plug leads
and the coil lead.  Also double-check the rotor is pointing at No.1 plug
(the front plug) at the top of its compression stroke.  Double-check the
firing order is 1 3 4 2 *anti*-clockwise.  If it has fuel, air, compression
and spark in the right quantities at the right time it *has* to start.

PaulH.