RE: Reverse Lights on 64-67 MGB

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Reverse Lights on 64-67 MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:32:44 -0700
Don:

The reverse lights came in just before the end of the (Fed) steel dash
cars.

Also, if you are in the least bit worried.  The UK cars kept the steel
dash for many years, so IMHO there is precedent to do whatever the heck
you want to.

Just as an aside.  My background was in rallying, so the dinky reverse
warning lights were just a waste of space.  So on my first MGB I ended
up glassing over the reverse light holes and installed a 5 1/4 round
Halogen fog light on the left hand side and the big flip top filler from
a TR6 on the right hand.

Now I have a lot less time on my hands, and since turning my neck is
harder have less inclination for driving backwards at high speed.  The
stock reverse lights on my new 70 B are going to stay just the way they
are.

Kelvin Dodd