Re: Road Pricing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Pricing
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:01:04 -0500
David Breneman wrote:

> --- Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com> wrote:

>>There are hundreds and hundreds of ugly bare lamp-posts and
>>telephone
>>poles in Washington, D. C. and the various State Capitals that do
>>not yet have a Senator or Congressman hanging from them.

> OK, *now* this mailing list has been officially tagged for
> scrutiny by the Department of Homeland Security  ...and me
> with an FBI background check underway!    :-)

Maybe you should angrily rebut my "unpatriotic" statements here; I won't
mind; I'll understand.    ;)

In a country where the laws are being crafted to mandate "psychological
testing" of children to ascertain what drugs need to be mandated to
force them to conform, and where one of the criteria for this mandate is
the children mentioning the Constitution and protection from government,
I reckon it's all over but the dropping of the second shoe, anyway.

If you think I'm making this stuff up, I assure you, this is in the
making right now in the Senate and Congress, pushed hard by the current
administration.

The ability to travel without hindrance is one of the things that has
tended to keep us free, an ability that is now under attack from
national ID cards, this "road-tax" and the whole "Patriot Act."

I suspect that our collector cars will be subject to being chipped at
the owner's expense, which I expect to be so costly that it makes
continuation of our hobby and sport nearly impossible. Maybe some of us
can continue for a while by moving to Europe or New Zealand, but it's
not a "New *American* Order" they are pushing on us and it's just a
matter of time before the entire world is an unfriendly place for the
individual human will.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/