Re: Weber 38 DGES

To: Howard Battan <battanhr@comcast.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber 38 DGES
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
Isn't this the 'Outlaw' carb That Brit-tek has been selling? This can be a good
setup and the people that have put them on have been pretty happy with them.
There is some settup involved with getting these running optimally. Do a search
on the MGB Experience forum as it has been talked about quite a bit there. If
you want to switch over to SU's I can understand that as that is all I run But
the 38 has some real value so you might be able to do a good swap with somone.
Carl

Howard Battan <battanhr@comcast.net> wrote:
Folks, I recently bought a '79 MGA that a PO's mechanic had modified for
him. He replaced the distributor with what my mechanic (one that knows MGs)
says is a 45d4 model. In addition, the Zenith/Stromberg has been replaced
with a Weber model 38 DGES downdraft carb. The car had been partially
de-smogged, and I finished the job by removing the air pump, air injection
manifold, and gulp valve.

I have a question about the Weber carb. Is the 38 DGES a good fit for this
engine? Would a 32/36 DGV be better? I also may have the opportunity to put
on some SUs to replace the Weber. Is this a better option (I know how to
maintain and adjust SUs).

Yahoo! Mail