Re: Radiator electric fan thermal switch

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator electric fan thermal switch
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:00:25 -0700
Well, you could always buy a switch, check the thread, and tap out the
manifold hole if it didn't match, or use an adapter.

I sympathize with your general complaint -- I think companies should put
dimensioned technical drawings on their web pages so you can confirm this
kind of detail before purchasing. Of course, they would never risk exposing
their valuable "IP" this way...

Now that I think of it, however, why would the temp sensor be on the intake
manifold? Shouldn't it be in a coolant passage? Usually that would be in the
head, or the thermostat housing, or even the block. My Chrysler V8 doesn't
have any water passages in the manifold.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149