Overheating

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overheating
From: "Randy Widman" <riwidman@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:16:38 -0400
Hi Listers,

The other day my car started getting hotter after driving a couple of hours.
Have had no problems before this. It actually got right up to almost touching
the red line area but I got it home in time. A few days later I checked the
thermostat in hot water on the stove and it seemed fine but I replaced it
anyway. I did notice that the electric fans were not kicking on like they
usually do when I ran it in the driveway to see if it was still heating up. So
I jumped the wires leading to the fan switch so they would run and it still
went right up to the red area in about 10 minutes time. I'm guessing the only
other thing is the water pump. I completely flushed the entire system 6 months
ago. How does one go about checking if a water pump is bad?

Thanks for your ideas as always,

Randy Widman
'79 Red B