Re: Overheating

To: dcouncill@msubillings.edu, ejrussell@mebtel.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overheating
From: Saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:55:52 EDT
OK, I lost track of the original post, but I thought I would put my two cents
in.  When I drove my 1978 MGB home for the first time, the temp gauge
immediately moved up into the H zone.  Car seemed OK, and the electric fans
came on,
so I kept driving it with the heater cranked up on high (a mini radiator).

Now, once home I took a small cooking thermometer and tie-wrapped it to the
upper heater hose.  It read around 180-200 degrees, so I figured I was OK.  So
I drove it quite a bit while ignoring the temperature gauge.

After posting my problem, someone on the list suggested it was probably the
temp sender.  After replacing the sender - the problem was fixed!

May all our problems be so simple.
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 8/11/2005 10:53:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,