what do you think?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: what do you think?
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:17:58 -0500
Hi, all.

i've got a bit of mechanical skill - i've changed oil, swapped a gas tank,
never done a brake job, pulled the engine on another car, took the clutch
stuff out and put it back together with a friend but wasn't there to put the
engine back in the car , changed a water pump or two, replaced carbs and
tuned them.  i'm probably better at removing things than installing them . .
.

the clutch on my 73 cbb goes to the floor, and the master cylinder is
completely empty.  the car is pretty original; the odo broke long ago but we
think it has less than 50k miles on it; it runs great, is fun to drive, etc.

my question - looks like the hydraulics are going; i should do the clutch
and brakes at the same time i NEVER want the brake pedal to just go to the
floor!!!)  i'm no mechanical wizard; should i replace the hoses and
masters/slaves myself?  and if i do, will you answer just incredibly dumb
questions?