Shock conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shock conversion
From: John.Hed@faa.gov
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:20:45 -0700
Hi all.

First, thanks to those of you who helped me with finding a replacement
handbrake lever.  I got several offers through the group.

I have another little problem.  In the parts crate that came with the car
is a complete rear tube shock conversion kit from Monroe.  It contains the
shocks (with brackets attached) and several other smaller brackets and
bolts etc.  Unfortunately, there are no directions!  The kit is actually
from the Monroe company, according to the previous owner.  He has no idea
where the instructions are.  Have any of you out there done this
conversion?  If you have, any chance you would still have the instructions
and I could get a copy?  I know there are several different kits out there
that use Monroe shocks so if you need to ask me a question, just email me
at:  "john.hed@faa.gov"

Is this tube shock conversion worth the effort?  I had a previous MG that
had the SPAX front shocks and it rode great.  Or should I just rebuild the
old shocks through Apple or someplace like that?

John Hed
80 MGB LE