Overdrive Woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Woes
From: Mark Herrick <mgbgt@herricknet.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:02:37 -0700
All,

I have a somewhat strange (strange to me anyway) overdrive problem on my 68 BGT
with the LH type drive.

After driving for about 8 to 10 miles the overdrive engages on its own but only
on deceleration, as soon as I add throttle it will come back out of O/D and
into direct drive.  It will do this in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears.

I have recently changes the oil and filter in the box to correct level and with
correct oil.

I have also disconnected the power to the solenoid to check the electrical side
but the problem persists.

Mark,
68 BGT
Ketchikan, AK