Re: Shock Conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shock Conversion
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:22:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/09/2005 6:05:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

If I  were the type that put only a few hundred miles on my car every year,
the  refurbished Armstrongs would probably do me for life, but I use mine as
an  (almost) daily driver.  I have heard stories of the poor life of  the
Armstrongs.  Maybe true or not, but replacing a couple of tube  shocks takes
a couple hours.  Pulling a couple of the Armstrongs is a  big pain and puts
the car out of action for a good  while.

I disagree.
The stories you have heard are stories of people who didn't realise that to
have a shock that lasts darned near as long as the car, you need to do a
little  minor maintenance once every few years.

Armstrongs will last a very long time if kept topped up.

And anyone that takes more than an hour to change a shock shouldn't be
allowed out alone, and certainly shouldn't be allowed to play  with tools!

Bill