Re: Shock Conversion

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock Conversion
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:41:14 +0100
I have to disagree with this too.  Lever-arms shouldn't need topping-up, if
they do they are leaking, and if they are leaking they are shot.  I've never
topped mine up (60k on a Morris Marina over 6 years, 75k on an MGB V8 over
10 years, 45k on a MGB roadster over 15 years).  I *did* used to check them
in the early days, but soon found it a waste of time.  The only time I have
had problems with these is when they have suddenly started leaked, and I
have replaced them.  In fact visible leaks are an MOT (annual inspection)
failure here in the UK.

PaulH.