Re: Roll bar

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll bar
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:12:49 -0700
I have to agree with Eric. I look at the dinky "roll hoops" on the Boxter,
Z4, etc., that don't even come up to the top of the headrests, and I wonder
what the heck purpose they serve -- even if the windshield frame is
reinforced, the top of your head would still contact the ground (if you're
over 5-foot-8). I think they're just a dodge to get lower insurance rates.
As for the "removable" windshield frames on an A, B, or Midget, you
certainly can't count on them to support half the vehicle weight.

My plan (in a nutshell) is to keep the shiny side up...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149