Aluminium radiators

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Aluminium radiators
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:57:03 -0700
While reeling in ecstasy because my MGB GT V8 just flew down to the BIG car
show I still have this nagging ":the engine bay could be cooler when going
slow" thought.  While at the show I spoke to Keith Childs he of mechanical
fan (electric back-up which he says never comes on) and aluminium radiator
fame.  He reckons that the ally rad is the reason for his machine
running  so cool.  So can anyone tell me just exactly how much better an
aluminum rad is.   I see that the coefficient of thermal conductivity for
aluminium is half that of brass.   My rad is the D&D one which I believe is
brass.    Are the pipes bigger, thinner, more or what?

Regards

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca