Re: Aluminium radiators

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Aluminium radiators
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:32:16 +0200
Hi Barry,

A mechanical fan always uses power - so electrical would have my preference.
I've had two Citrokns with alu radiators.
Worked fine to me.
Less weight - less prone for corrosion I'd assume, though in places with
lots of salt in wintertime....
Aluminium has a very good conduction efficiency for both electricity and
heat.
That's why the normal radiators are colored black.
The alu rads in the Citrokn's were bear alu.

For what it's worth....

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT with mechanical fan because of originality...