RE: Hagerty INS..

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hagerty INS..
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:08:56 -0400
> Has anybody used hagerty Insurance, I'm thinking of changing from state
> farm.
> I got a quote on-line for $167 for a full year for a $8000 value of my
> 1980 MGB..
> With collision etc.... Maybe the quote will change alitte after I talk
> to them.
> I'm paying $430 with state farm in NY state for no collision coverage at
> all...
> But state farm let's me withdraw from use my car for the winter so it
> lowers the cost some what
> without taking the plates off it.  Any experience with Hagerty???
> http://www.hagerty.com/
>
> It didn't say anything about miles per year etc....

Like others, Ihave not had any claims with Hagerty.  A friend did have a
minor claim (forgot to remove his jackstand all the way when lowering the
car) and Hagerty paid, no problem and no cancelation.
My policy doesn't have a mileage limitation, only that I cannot use it as a
daily driver.  IIRC, I even had to send pics to them of my daily drivers.  I
do occasionally drive my car to work, but then I can work on my car at work
so it is somewhat legit.
I know that you have to have a pretty good driving record or they won't
insure you.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA