Ignition Advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Advice
From: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:54:42 -0400
Hi,

For the three years I've owned my 74 1/2' the ignition hasn't been quite
right. Sometimes it'd travel too far forward so the starter wouldn't
disengage, and sometimes the key wouldn't go all the way in so you'd have to
give the steering wheel a twitch to get it in.

Neither was bad enough to get me to pay attention to it, but lately the
latter condition's gotten worse. One side of the key won't go in no matter
what I do, while the other will require rocking the wheel back and forth
several times before it will go in. I figure it's only be a matter of time
before it won't go in at all.

So, I've decided to replace it. Moss has two ignition assemblies, one that
includes the wheel lock, and another that has just the ignition.

My questions are these:

- Which should I get: the one with the lock or just the ignition?

- How hard, (read how long) is it to replace?

- Is there anything I need to be careful of, or any tricks I need to watch
out for?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen
74 1/2 BGT