Re: Headlights

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlights
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:17:00 EST
I've had nearly everything fail in my electrics, including the headlight
switch simply falling apart when depressed.  However, the sneakiest fault  was
in
those dozens of wonderful "Lucar" connectors--the little  rubber-coated
in-line connections.  One of my failures was simply that  one--or more--of
these
connectors had simply fallen apart and no longer carried  electricity.  Another
time, they were corroded to the point of no longer  functioning.  Don't bother
to clean them, as they are, first of all, cheap,  and second are so old they
probably will crumble before long.
Save yourself tons of future hassles and get a couple dozen of these
things--don't forget about 4 or 5 double connectors--and replace every single
connector on your car. Use that electrolite lubricant, too.
The headlights have some connectors under the horizontal metal support
immediately behind the grille, and these are very likely where any trouble of
this
sort starts.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang

In a message dated 11/9/2005 10:05:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,