Re: MGB Side Exhaust

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Side Exhaust
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:48:54 -0800
Did you get the clutch alignment tool?

Mating the engine with the tranny in situ is likely to be the biggest
hassle. If you're lucky it will slip right in. If not, it can be a real
bear, since you won't have a good view of it, the dangling motor is
extremely unwieldy, and maneuvering space is rather constrained.

I like to pull both together, so the refitting takes place out in the open,
with unlimited maneuverability of both components.

On the exhaust question, I can't recall seeing any such thing on a B. I'm
wondering where the muffler would go. I can see it on a purely racing MG,
certainly.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149