Re: Clutch Tear Down

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Tear Down
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:46:07 -0500
Here's a picture I took when installing the motor/gearbox in our 1978
MGB. I hadn't installed the cylinder head so I bolted the lifting
chains into the block. When I R/R MG engines I usually just attach the
chains to the rocker cover studs.
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell/MGB%20Motor%20Install.html

The tilting device is useful but not mandatory.

I suspect the fan belt is stuck because the motor mounts have failed -
lowering the engine.

There is both a gasket and an oil seal (ha! an MG oxymoron) for the
timing cover.

Eric Russell
STOC #2860
Mebane, NC