Cooling related to water flow

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling related to water flow
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:11:05 -0800
Some while back there was some discussion related to the flow rate of water
through the radiator.  Some opinions were that if water was passed through
the radiator at a hefty flow it would reduce the cooling capability - thus
not a good idea.  My theory is that such a premise does not (and forgive
the pun) hold water.  Perhaps the reduced cooling was due to water pump
cavitation and not because of the flow rate.    If someone would point me
towards any authoritive dissertations I would be most grateful and thank
you in advance for any responses.

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
Canada
705-721-9060
barrie@look..ca

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
                       Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
                       Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs