Re: Cooling related to water flow

To: pamdav <pamdav@ida.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling related to water flow
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:45:12 -0700
I can't answer that question, but I can tell you this.  If you still
drive your MG in the winter, you need to double check the anti-freeze
concentration - which I found out today.  Mine didn't freeze, because I
do have anti-freeze in there, but I didn't have enough, and we just got
some really cold weather.  Slush doesn't flow - I can tell you that.
Symptoms of slush are similar to overheating due to lack of coolant - no
heat from the heater, temp gauge reads high.  Today's repair - wait a
few minutes for some more to melt.  Place folded up tonneau cover in
front of radiator to reduce it's cooling efficiency.  Worked, made it
home.  Low tonight -7.  Guess I'll fix that mixture real quickly now.

Phil Bates