Engine running too cold

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine running too cold
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:36:45 -0500
My B engine has a tendency to run too cold. During the dog days of summer it's
great to have the temp gauge stay right on the N. But at 60 degrees F the
gauge only gets up about half way to N, and at freezing the needle barely gets
off the peg and I have to run with the choke out. I've changed the thermostat
(195 F) several time in vain. I'm in a situation this winter where I have to
use the B as a daily driver.

Some help - I covered the oil cooler and radiator with cardboard. This helps,
but not enough. I'm still freezing my bippy off. The heater puts out good heat
when the gauge is at N, but nada half way between L and N. Why is my engine so
cold? Is this normal?

 The good news - She's starting up just fine on near zero mornings.
(Ungaraged)

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639