Re: Engine running too cold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine running too cold
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 19:04:48 -0600
    My B isn't warming up to N either now that the weather is colder.
It has been suggested to me that the thermostat may be stuck open, which
would keep the engine from warming up normalally.  As I noticed Paul
told you, the radiator should stay cool while the engine is warming up,
then when the 'stat opens the header tank should quickly get warm.  I'm
going to check on that today.

   Later....  Ran the check.  The 'stat is opening early.  Water temp in
the header tank is less than 170* when the stat opens.  Temp gauge reads
a bit less than 1/2 way up to N.  Oil cooler covered, radiator clear,
ambient temp ~68*.  This is interesting. Reckon I'll try a 195* 'stat
for the winter.

   And I don't wanta hear any "T told ya so's" from Barney.  ;^)

   Cheers,

    CR