Re: SU fuel pump life and stalling engine

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, wkilleffer@comcast.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU fuel pump life and stalling engine
From: Saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:52:45 EST
Paul,
I've replace several distributor caps over the last 27 years, and it had
little to do with the car's mileage.  A crack in a distributor cap can be
almost
invisible, and cause intermittent misfiring that is hard to diagnose.
Sometimes the trouble can be temperature + humidity + vibration dependent too.
Cheap
insurance to swap out the cap and rotor I think.  IMHO anyway.

Good luck William!
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 12/30/2005 8:03:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,