Re: Front Hub Bearing Replacement

To: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Hub Bearing Replacement
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:35:52 -0000
You might like to look at http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_suspensionframe.htm
and click on 'Front Bearing End-float'.  Bearings are very high precision
and in my experience when all I have changed have been the bearings the same
shim set has gone back in.  When packing the bearings I have been happy to
sit there patiently and work it in in bit by bit with the pad of my
forefinger, it has been suggested that the plastic body of a small syringe
may make it quicker, cleaner and easier.

No doubt there will be a small flurry of "you don't need them, 'Murricans
don't do it that way", but I'd strongly recommend you do it the way the
factory recommends.

PaulH.