Re: Replacement of Brake Light Switch

To: "Ray Graham" <rgraham@sigecom.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement of Brake Light Switch
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:52:51 -0000
I think you would have to twist the connection quite a long way to cause
damage.  If you can't get something to hold the body of the connection
in-situ while you attempt to unscrew the switch - you may have to fabricate
something - you might be reduced to undoing all the pipes to remove the
connection and switch to a vice.

Is this a current (no pun intended) new switch you are putting in?  Or new
old stock?  I ask because there is much evidence that current switches are
not up to the load of the lamps, and fail again quite quickly.  The standard
thing with a new switch seems to be to add a relay, with a quenching diode
across the winding of the relay to also protect the hydraulic switch.

PaulH.