Re: Replacement of Brake Light Switch

To: mgbob@juno.com, muses@cableone.net
Subject: Re: Replacement of Brake Light Switch
From: Saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:01:34 EST
I agree.  I think you would want a white cluster of LED's to replace a clear
brake light bulb.

Donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 1/19/2006 10:31:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mgbob@juno.com writes:
Todd,
    Are you sure that the color of the LED and the color of the lens
(red) should be the same, both red?
   I ask because of one experience--  An MG Club friend bought two red
LEDs for his MGB. We installed them. They were good and bright. Then
installed the red lens and could barely see the LEDs inside.   It seemed
that the color of the red lens absorbed the red light from the LEDs.  We
replaced with regular bulbs and the light came through fine.
   Then we installed LED on one side, installed lens, and compared.  The
LED side was very dim when lens was in place.
Bob