RE: MGB EFI system from Moss

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB EFI system from Moss
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:08:08 -0800
Bill:

Explain to me again how wooden floors, separate chassis, no windows,
draughty top, small boot, stiff suspension, etc. make the MGA superior
to the B?

Fitting a supercharged V6 under the bonnet of an MGB is pretty easy, I
guess that adds up to one more positive mark for the B.

: )

True, port injection on the cross flow would be worth the price of
admission.  The nice thing about sticking a supercharger in the middle
of the flow is that it is just as easy to adapt the supercharger
manifold to the head as it is to adapt a throttle body manifold.

As for offering a kit, I think I face more than enough challenge just
getting out of bed in the morning.

Kelvin.

Yeah right!  Easy?

See the ongoing saga at http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/Jamaican.html
<http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/Jamaican.html>

But then if it were easy it wouldn't be as much fun! (And it is a bit
easier stuffing a V6 into an MGB than into the far superior MGA.....)

Now tell me where the turbo or blower unit could fit (not!)

I do like the idea of doing the blower with injection, but injection
alone is also a worthy goal.  I've seen race engines with outrageous cam
timing sit and idle like a lawnmower because it was injected and the
management system was up to the job. You also get better mileage!

What about just offering a do it yourself kit - a manifold that takes
the rest of the gear from a Toyota - fuel rail, harness, ECM - would
take a lot of thought, and some wiring experience, but hey - what a
challenge!

Bill