Re: Brake Master rebuild

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master rebuild
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:22:00 +1030
On 12/02/2006, at 10:54 AM, Jason Spaeth wrote:

> BTW:  I am just in the putting back to gether stages of my total
> restoration.  I just got the shell back from the body shop...all
> new metal and fresh Tarten paint.  It has been a few years since I
> took everything apart...I took pictures of the tear-down, but I
> wish I would have taken more!

And so say all of us (even from a "half" tear down).

Jason,  I have found some value in the Mark Evans "MG is Born Photo
DVD-ROM" (an adjunct to the TV series DVD) for my "engine bay"
restoration, and it really was quite inexpensive (cheaper than a lot
of tools and parts I have bought).

The photos are so big and in such detail that you can zoom in to
quite some detail and from lots of different perspectives. Of course
it is not ideal because it is of a 1970 car and mine is a '68 - and
it simply is not MY CAR so there will always be some differences -
but so much IS similar it has solved a few of those "I can't quite
remember how it goes" moments.

I think mainly it has shown me the value of taking LOTS of photos of
anything you pull apart even if at the time you think it is too
obvious to remember how it goes back together!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia