RE: attachment points, front fender

To: <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>, <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: attachment points, front fender
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:40:17 -0800
Jay:

You have a good point.

Having purchased my new MGB for a very reasonable price, I was perturbed to
note a rattling from passenger side of the car.  Climbed out of the car,
determined the offside fender was not attached at the bottom.  Casting about
for some medium of silencing and mine eyes laid upon a short piece of
decorative bark that had separated from it's fellows in the flower garden.
Armed with said piece of bark, I approached the offending fender and proceeded
to insinuate the wooden wedge between the terminated fender and the dust
excluding panel, thus preventing the errant fender edge from impacting the
rocker panel.   This is known in most circles as "Effecting a Bodge".

I should at this time mention, that this did not remove all the rattles from
the vehicle.  Sometime later that week another rattle was terminated with a
crash and a bang, much to the consternation no doubt of any following traveler.

I always did think the MGB looked better without a front license plate and
support.

Note to self.  Look into the rattling front over riders.  Those can be useful
as other than projectiles.

Kelvin.