Re: attachment points, front fender

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, saidel@camden.rutgers.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: attachment points, front fender
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:55:16 EST
Kelvin,

By George, I think you've got it!

Jay

In a message dated 3/15/2006 3:40:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

Having purchased my new MGB for a very reasonable price, I was  perturbed to
note a rattling from passenger side of the car.  Climbed out  of the car,
determined the offside fender was not attached at the  bottom.  Casting about
for
some medium of silencing and mine eyes laid  upon a short piece of decorative
bark that had separated from it's fellows in  the flower garden.  Armed with
said piece of bark, I approached the  offending fender and proceeded to
insinuate the wooden wedge between the  terminated fender and the dust
excluding
panel, thus preventing the errant  fender edge from impacting the rocker panel.

This is known in most  circles as "Effecting a Bodge".

I should at this time mention, that  this did not remove all the rattles from
the vehicle.  Sometime later  that week another rattle was terminated with a
crash and a bang, much to the  consternation no doubt of any following
traveler.