RE: attachment points, front fender - Fini

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: attachment points, front fender - Fini
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:32:45 -0500
Hi Kelvin,
         Turns out the rocker had a run still intact so the longish
self-tapper worked.
I found another rattle, too.  Traced it to the passenger mirror. In a fit
of pique, I just removed the plastic holder (carefully) to get at the
mirror. Lo and behold...there was no spring to provide tension.  Where did
it go?

  Fortunately, I had a spare mirror from a junker and its spring was
intact. Now, two rattlers are subdued and I can hear the engine again.

Thanks for your method.  Wood is softer than metal so I'll add some random
pieces to my trunk repair kit!

Bill

a non-pure 76B
BMCSNJ