MGBGT Engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net, MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: MGBGT Engine
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:15:14 EDT
I am in the market for a rebuilt MGB engine for my GT.  I'd prefer to
purchase a professional rebuild, rather than have mine done locally.  I  don't
have
the time to do it myself.  The plan is to make the GT my daily  driver, so
while I want performance, reliability is more important.

I will be pricing TRF and Moss, and would like to hear additional
suggestions.  Since I am in the middle of BF Egypt (El Paso, TX) freight  may
be an
issue.

Suggestions?  Of course price is an issue, but I also know you get  what you
pay for.  I only want assurance that I am getting what I pay for  and not
over-paying.  Time is also an issue as I would like to get it back  on the
road
ASAP and of course, core charges and related freight would also be  an issue.

I'm in the market becasue my mechanic just called and told me the engine is
frozen.  Not surprising, since it's been sitting since 1989, and he will  try
and nurse it back to life, but I'm not expecting a miracle.

TIA

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields