RE: Speaking of oil prices... (and getting rather off-topic)

To: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>,
Subject: RE: Speaking of oil prices... (and getting rather off-topic)
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
"Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com> wrote:  Just as a rebuff to Paul's
tirade against people carriers -

Families  buy people carriers because they NEED the space - if we didn't have 3
 children my wife would not be driving around in a Citroen
Berlingo glorified van (she'd probably be driving my BGT!).  Richard,  my only
issue with that statement is that in the US, it's not  necessarily true. PLENTY
of people buy large SUV's because they CAN,  not necessarily because they need
the space. And most minivans (by that  I mean a Dodge Grand Caravan, Ford
Freestar, Honday Odyssey, Toyota  Sienna, etc.) have way more room than even
the largest SUV's (Chevy  Tahoe, Ford Expedition, LR3, Range Rover, etc.) and
get better gas  mileage. But minivans aren't 'cool' these days. My wife doesn't
want to  drive one (she wants a Porsche 911 cabriolet - another story!).

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328