upgraded alternators?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: upgraded alternators?
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:56:36 -0400
Looking to swap out the generator and upgrade the Lucas alternator I
was  planning to put into the GT(67 with later type radiator, coil on
inner fender wall, air pump thermo housing) and have been told by
several folk I should go for a 96 or more amp unit. Something from a GM
vehicle that is obtainable at the local AutoZone type store. Present
unit says it's a
15/6/7 ACR(big one, other numbers vertical in an outlined box, then the
ACR). Not sure what the amps are.
Anyone offer some choices they've had experience with?
TIA,
Dave Houser