Re: my new daily driver

To: awhitema@panix.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my new daily driver
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:40:57 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/2006 10:09:01 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
awhitema@panix.com writes:

Any  suggestions for the next daily driver. I haven't even
> begun to think  new or used yet. I don't think I want to
> go with 2 big car payments,  so maybe used. I don't know.

Might I suggest perhaps an MG?  They  do rather well in most
conditions, are a rather fun car to  drive.  You could probably find a
car in reasonable condition  for less than $10K, which is rather a bit
less than those modern  cars that have no soul. :)

Here here!  At least that's the plan I am following right  now.  With almost
anything new topping $20K easily, my plan is to spend  under $10K on a daily
driver restoration of my BGT.  Even with the added  cost of a new engine, I
think I will still finish under budget.  I know you  have to make a decision
right now, but I'll let you know how I come out  shortly.

Most of us buy new cars on emotion, not numbers.  "I blew an engine,  so
instead of fixing it for $3000, I'm buying a new $20,000 car"  I've done  it,
and
now I'm going to follow my own advice for once and try an  alternative.

Robert  Houston

2008 Bipartisan Bumper Sticker
"Run Hillary Run"
Demos put  it on the back bumper, Republicans on the  front......