Re: Stubborn Choke

To: "Richard Cady" <rcady@verizon.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stubborn Choke
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:01:09 -0500
At 08:22 AM 5/14/06, Richard Cady wrote:
>Has anyone had the problem of a choke that is almost impossible to
>engage via the choke cable ?

Short radius turns in the cable will aggrevate the friction
problem.  Some time ago I bought a new choke cable which seemed to
have some extra length.  To "clean up" the engine bay a bit I ran it
under the (LHD) master cylinder bracket and forward under the body
cowl.  Friction drag in the cable was intollerable.  So I cut it
shorter and took a more direct route with larger bends, and it works fine.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com